4 Questions to Ask an Urgent Care
If you or someone you love has sustained a minor injury or illness, come to Priority Urgent Care today. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in treating a wide range of medical concerns and can help you heal faster and more effectively. Call us or schedule an appointment online! We have 2 convenient locations to serve you in Ellington CT, and Unionville CT!
Urgent care clinics are essential to the proper function of the healthcare system. They handle nearly all non-life-threatening medical concerns, and perform invaluable lab services, such as x-rays and blood tests. By providing care for non-life-threatening medical concerns, urgent care clinics allow hospital ERs to focus on treating more serious situations, while significantly reducing their waiting times.
Do I Need to Make an Appointment?
No, you do not need a referral or an appointment to be seen by the physician at Priority Urgent Care. We accept walk-in appointments for a wide variety of medical concerns, from injuries like strains, sprains and broken bones, to illnesses like the common cold and influenza. If you are experiencing a serious or life-threatening situation, visit a hospital emergency room immediately.
What Types of Insurance Do You Accept?
We accept all major health insurances and directly submit our claims to the provider. We bill other insurance companies directly as well. Depending on your benefits, if your deductibles are not met, you may need to pay directly. We DO accept Medicaid/Husky. To help all those in need, we offer affordable, self-pay options if you do not have health insurance.
Insurance policies we accept include:
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Health Care
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Golden Rule
What Should I Bring with Me?
When visiting an urgent care clinic, there are some important items to bring with you. These include:
Basic Items and Information
- A form of identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, or other form of photo ID
- Proof of insurance, such as an insurance card
- Contact information, such as personal contact information as well as emergency contact information
- Forms to be filled out, including medical forms for schools or employers
- Any questions you have, as it is not uncommon to forget to ask the doctor when in the examining room
- Method of payment, as it is important to bring with you a method of payment to cover the fees of the services provided
- Physician information, including their name and other healthcare providers you visit
- Health history, including your personal health history and family health history
- Medications, including both prescriptions and over-the-counter medications that you are currently taking
- Allergies, including all known or suspected allergies
- Past medical procedures, including any surgeries or medical procedures that you have had in the past
- Medical conditions, including any medical diagnoses such as asthma, hypertension and diabetes
What Types of Treatment Do You Offer?
At Priority Urgent Care, we offer the following treatments and services:
- Physical Examinations
- DOT Physicals
- School/Sports Physicals
- Walk-in Pre-Employment Drug Testing
- Health Snapshot
- Immunizations & Vaccinations
- Lab Testing
- Pediatric Urgent Care
- Poison Ivy
- Sports Injury Treatment
- STD Testing
- Worker’s Injury Treatment
- X-Ray Services
- Concussion Treatment
- Asthma and COPD Treatment
- Blood Lab Testing
If you or someone you love has sustained a minor injury or illness, come to Priority Urgent Care today. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in treating a wide range of medical concerns and can help you heal faster and more effectively. Our medical professionals are dedicated to providing the highest level of service to each patient, at every visit. Call us today to book an appointment. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Ellington CT, Unionville CT, Somers CT, East Windsor CT, Vernon CT, Tolland CT, Burlington CT, Canton CT, West Hartford CT, and Plainville CT.